Friday, April 8, 2011

Signs From the Universe

It seems to me that people often say they've been given a "sign" when something happens to them. It doesn't seem to matter if it's positive or negative. A sign that you're going in the right direction, the wrong direction, someone likes you, someone hates you, something was meant to be, or something wasn't meant to be.

I know I've said it. Heck, I said it today. I think this is just something we tell ourselves to justify the feelings we happen to be having at that moment.

Life is random. It's not a highway taking a somewhat straight course from coast to coast. It's a series of back roads, with hairpin turns that sometimes backtrack. Perhaps the signs we think we are seeing are actually mile markers,  the proof of progression through life itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment