Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Photographers at Tourist Traps

It's a common experience: you walk into the entrance of the theme park and a camera is thrust into your face. "No charge! You only buy it if you like it!" Even worse are the cruises or other attractions where you're contained and you can't board until they take your photo. 

Unless you really want this token of remembrance, just say no, people! Say no, forcefully if needed, and walk by!

How many trees are killed with these printed photos people don't buy? How many chemicals are used in the processing?

I believe the model needs revamping. Digital photography is everywhere. Print-on-demand services proliferate. Change it up so the photos aren't printed until the patron says yes.

I'd be more likely to stand there and let you take the photo if I knew it wasn't going to be printed. Give me a chance to see a digital representation right after you take it, and once again after the attraction if I didn't buy it the first time I saw it, but please don't print it if I don't want it.

Ok, I'm done with my rant for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment