Friday, January 6, 2012

Taz and the Orange Chair


Mike and I own this orange chair. It started life in the late 60s, right around the same time Mike was born. It had a matching 7 foot couch. Mike's parents purchased the set new. It started its life orange.

We inherited both the couch and chair when we got married. It moved to Virginia with us, and found new life in the family room of our townhouse where it hosted the occasional Navy guy and put up with our four pets. The couch did not make the move back to Illinois, but the chair did. It got recovered in a deep green, and joined our living room furniture.

Fast forward a few years, and that chair got recovered again - back to a rusty orange color. It's been knocked around different rooms, in different places, and usually ends up in a corner.

Here's the thing: it's not one of my favorite furniture pieces. I actually think it's a bit ugly. It is, however, comfortable....... especially to the cat. Taz has completely claimed this chair. It doesn't matter where I move it. Considering I'd rather have him occupying that particular chair than one of our good chairs, I think I'll leave it where it is. Even if it does make the room a bit crowded.

No comments:

Post a Comment